Hey! I’m Sarah!

Hi! I’m Sarah! I’m a junior at FSU double majoring in Public Health and Social Work. I’m from a small town outside of Tallahassee called Woodville, and I’ve lived here my whole life.

For my Global Scholars summer experience, I am serving as a Media & Communications Intern for Ladies Learning to Lead (L3). I will be creating social media graphics for the May conference, speaking to middle and high school young ladies at the conference to help them find themselves along a journey to leadership, and after the conference, creating blog posts infused with my life experience and ideas about diversity/inclusion. L3 serves all young ladies, but does focus on young women of color, and I’m excited to be a resource for these young women as they are finding themselves and their leadership style.

I am not expecting anything from my experience so far. However, I am quite nervous about my busy schedule during the summer. I’ll be taking four classes, working a job and my internship, as well as traveling a lot. I can usually handle an even busier schedule than this, but I’ve had a tough couple semesters and am ready for a break. I’m hoping it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking!

This is from TCC graduation, and I’ve been feeling like this lately!