Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House Blog
- My Third Week at FSU CMLFor the last 7 years, I have wanted to be a small animal veterinarian. I had never been interested in large animals, wildlife or the research aspect of veterinary medicine until recently. This week, I observed a class at the lab as they were dissecting a hammer head shark. This was a really unique andContinue reading “My Third Week at FSU CML”
- Raven Joseph: Getting Started at StarterStudioI started my internship at StarterStudio on Monday, May 22nd. I woke up early that morning and aimed to get there about 30 minutes early just in case I got lost. I also gave myself this time because I knew it was in downtown Orlando and I would have to calculate parking and time toContinue reading “Raven Joseph: Getting Started at StarterStudio”
- Greetings from Zamboanguita!The transition from Florida to the Phillippines has been easier than I imagined. Linguistically, there are many different dialects that are present, however, the main two languages spoken where I am stationed are English and Visayan. Culturally, there are many differences between here and home, however, I am keeping myself open to new experiences andContinue reading “Greetings from Zamboanguita!”
- My Second Week at FSUCMLMy second week at FSU Coastal and Marine Lab included a lot more time in the experimental hatchery. It was great to be in the hatchery again with the staff that I volunteered with during the Spring Semester. Since last Friday, I have become involved in three projects: intertidal sampling, subtidal tonging and an experimentContinue reading “My Second Week at FSUCML”
- A week in life at FSU in the summerOver the past couple weeks, I definitely have gotten myself in a good routine. I like to do my class observations on Monday mornings and then give myself a few hours to go home and eat before I come back to campus for tutoring. On Tuesday’s I schedule my tutoring from 2 to 3 soContinue reading “A week in life at FSU in the summer”
The Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House blog is here to share the experiences of undergraduates participating in the wide variety of programs housed in the HSF House. To find out more about what is happening at the HSF House, please visit our website at https://hsf.fsu.edu/.
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement
The FSU Honors Program
Friends of the HSF House
Please visit the HSF House website or our Facebook group to keep up with all of our events and programs.